Sunday, June 27, 2010

Week 26 - Pets



This weeks photo is a bit bittersweet for me. It's one of my favorite photos I ever took of my two Bernese Mountain Dogs, Oscar and Bella, however, three weeks ago I had to say goodbye to my sweet sweet boy Oscar. Cancer took him MUCH too soon from us but I was so fortunate to have him in my life. He was such a great dog and I miss him soooo much! My husband found this great quote: "Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened" by Dr. Seuss and I've been trying to smile because Oscar gave us lots to smile about!

Check out more fabulous photos of other pets at I heart faces.

To become a fan of PTP on facebook click here!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo. So sorry Oscar is gone. :0(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. This is a gorgeous picture. I love the soul in their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart aches for you. I am so sorry for your loss. This picture is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful pic. I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so tough because they become such a huge part of the family. What a beautiful memory you've captured!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...so sad about Oscar but wonderful that you have these pictures to remember him with:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bittersweet photo. I'm sorry for your loss. I understand how your animals become your family. I feel the same way because my dogs bring so much joy to my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. bernese mountain dogs are adorable! I'm sorry about oscar- your husband's quote is perfect. your photo is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous photograph. I'm so sorry for your loss. They are such a part of the family and it's amazing how much love they give us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for your loss of Oscar... how sad. What gorgeous dogs they are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't even imagine what you're going through with the loss of Oscar. We have two Berner girls -- one eight years, the other ten months -- and I know we're facing this grim reality in the not-too-distant future. Treasure the photos, and remember Oscar at his Berner best.

    ReplyDelete